Tuesday 13 November 2012

One of a Kind People




Laughing on Friday and freezing!

One of the reasons that I am passionate about my work is that it is one of a kind!   I never know what the weekend will bring- good weather, lots of visitors, or the opposite, or a surprise.   
This last weekend was the coldest Christmas market since we started in 1988 and there were still the vendors indoors and out and still the trooper visitors in the cold and snow, indoors and out.  Friday morning was -15 C with wind.

 But also one of a kind in the people who are behind the tables- farmers, chefs, artists, crafts people- not one of them the same and all renegades in their own way.    There are so many awesome vendors here and it's a pleasure for me to have them laughing, talking and selling to their customers.
Photo: I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite. http://instagr.am/p/R0gEfyGhxl/

I was interviewed by Morton Molyneux of FarmTV on Sunday and still managed to be coherent.  He did a great job capturing the feeling of the market on Sunday afternoon when it was a bit warmer at a mere -6 C.
You can watch the clip here: 
Millarville Christmas market on Farm TV
Don’t get me wrong- dealing with this many strong minded, independent entrepreneurs is no picnic!  They keep me on my toes.  By Sunday evening I took this photo of myself and, if I do say so myself, I look like I was run over by a truck! 
      

One toast market manager self portrait



If you didn't make it out to see us this year- put us on the calendar for next year.   If you were here....thanks for coming out!

No comments:

Post a Comment